When patients choose to use an outpatient surgery center, also called an ambulatory surgery center (ASC), most find that the process is much more convenient, as well as more personal. Our center offers a relaxed environment with medical staff focused on offering individualized patient care. Our specialized staff helps each patient's visit go as quickly and smoothly as possible.
Other benefits of an ASC include:
- Ease of Use: Since our center focuses on a limited number of procedures, most patients find that we are much easier to navigate than a typical hospital environment.
- One Location: Our center offers patient registration, waiting rooms, surgical suites and recovery rooms all in one convenient location.
- Scheduling Options: To meet a patient's specific scheduling needs, we offer a number of scheduling options. Plus, since all surgeries at an ASC are scheduled, your procedure is never bumped or delayed by an emergency case.
- Reduced Cross-Infection: We see surgical patients only. In fact, if a patient is ill, we usually will reschedule the procedure for a later date. Therefore, there is a much lowered opportunity for someone else's illness to become yours in an ASC than in a hospital.
- Focus on the Patient: We know exactly how many patients we will serve each day and can, therefore, staff appropriately to ensure very personal care. Our priority in the center is you and your procedure.
- Reduced Cost: Since we do not have the overhead of a surgery facility that offers a range of procedures including those for the very seriously ill and emergency surgery, our ASC is typically able to perform your procedure at the same high level of care with the same specialized attention but at a lower cost, an especially nice advantage if you have a copay.